Friday, April 29, 2011

Catherine Middleton's Wedding Dress Online

Stardoll has released Kate Middleton's gown in the starplaza. The gorgeous Alexander McQueen gown has, of course, been ripped apart by the Stardoll staff, making you spend more Stardollars to be able to own the entire thing.
Strangely enough, only the gown's top is Superstar-only. The ensemble includes the top (12 SD), gown skirt (15 SD), bridal veil(5 SD), and the bouquet (6 SD). If you buy it, the outfit should cost you a total of 38 SD. 
I'm surprised that they didn't raise the price. I figured the Stardoll of today would jump at an opportunity to make us buy stardollars. I guess people can surprise you?
The dress itself is lovely, very pretty, simple yet elegant. 

Here's what it actually looks like:




And here's Stardoll's take on the dress of the century: 




Here's how it looks on my doll:




I wish they'd made the skirt a brighter white, but overall I think it's lovely, although I wouldn't save the gown onto my doll as my outfit. I don't like clothes that too clearly fall into one category, because you never know what you might be doing on Stardoll, and say you're invited to a party that you had no idea you were supposed to attend and you just show up in a wedding dress. That wouldn't look too good. 

Anyway, what are your thoughts on this online copy of Kate's wedding dress?






~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment